What's your opinion of casting directors workshops?

Thursday, December 10, 2009

KNOWLEDGE = POWER

therefore....a knowledgeable actor = a powerful actor

one of my continual problems for auditions is that i get so self conscious.  i want everyone to like me all the way down to the friggin sign in person.  

and then i have this glorified image of the all powerful casting director.  i know their name and the projects they cast and the directors they work with...but i don't know their face!  i don't know what type of person they are.  are they generally bitter?  are they goofy?  do they smell?  are they a lap dog person?

so i guess for me, one perk of the workshop is a way for me to meet the casting director and  hear them speak and hear them make jokes... so when i go in to actually AUDITION, my focus can be on the work and not on impressing them with my nervous smiles.

i guess i'm saying, i've come to the decision that it's worth it to me to pay thirty five bucks to put myself in front of a c.d.  however, i absolutely REFUSE to pay for an information-only workshop.  goddammit  i am a trained actor.  i want to exercise my chops, not just hear you on your soap box for good time and good $$

am i the only one like this?

1 comment:

  1. The physical appearance doesn't shows his quality but his work shows the knowledge.
    Roger

    ReplyDelete